Our diabetes education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Our instructor team includes a certified diabetes educator and a registered dietitian. Our offerings are covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. Check with your plan to verify coverage. Or you may qualify for Samaritan Healthcare’s financial assistance program.
Group classes for Type 2 patients
- Held Tuesdays, 4 to 6 pm at Samaritan Hospital.
- Classes start every Tuesday and is followed by a four-week series of classes.
- Classes include carb counting, meal planning, understanding medications, physical activity and more.
- Free participation for your spouse or other support person.
- Summary information provided to your physician for coordination of care.
- Includes free 3 month follow-up.
Individual sessions are available for diabetes patients who are:
- Newly diagnosed.
- Type 1.
- Type 2 with special needs, such as language, hearing or vision.
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Insulin pump education
A physician referral is required. Please check with your primary care provider or call: Samaritan Healthcare Education Department (509) 793-9690.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our department or the services provided, please call.
Kevin Dustin, Clinic Administrator